Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Jarsh
The name plate even says Thunder Road, but we know it isn't based on the station and entrance to the lift.
By RollerBee
Well poop how did I miss that, Screamscape is reporting that they are working with parks for these. I almost brought the Intimidator model at Carowinds a couple years ago but didn't. For a model, it wasn't accurate enough for my liking. Now if they do Fury 325, I AM buying one!
By FamousAmos
^^I almost thought about creating a small Fury model and mass producing it for sale within the park. It would have been small enough for easy transport, but large enough to have good detail.
By jsz1002
RollerBee wrote:Well poop how did I miss that, Screamscape is reporting that they are working with parks for these. I almost brought the Intimidator model at Carowinds a couple years ago but didn't. For a model, it wasn't accurate enough for my liking. Now if they do Fury 325, I AM buying one!

They have this prototype on their facebook page. It looks very similar to Fury! :D
By Jonathan
Definitely Fury. That's awesome. I'll be buying one almost certainly. Surprisingly cheap too.
By FamousAmos
What's funny is that I was planning on making a micro model of Fury once my current model is completed. Even though I may buy what they've got (because it looks awesome), I'll still make my model.
By Edwardo
WOw, 20 bucks? Those are going to look good on my dresser...
By FamousAmos
I bought the Fury one and painted it today.

I plan to start buying wire to physically make the track, rails, and round/square columns so I can replicate almost any steel coaster in the world. They will be at a slightly larger scale than these nano-coasters though.
By FamousAmos
Just a prototype.
Scale: 1/8 inch == 5 feet
By RollerBee
I like yours better than Nanocoasters.
By FamousAmos
Made from Brass rods

Painted with Acrylic paint, then later given a clear-coat (not pictured)

I can basically replicate any steel roller coaster that you could want. I'll work on the landscaping next. Then I'll make prototypes of other steel coaster manufacturers.
By FamousAmos
This prototype is finished.