General Carowinds discussion
By Jetp
formeryogi wrote:Yes there are legal rules about alcohol.

ABC regulations in North Carolina control where (how far) the alcohol can be carried. The regulations are actually different between beer & wine and hard liquor.

For example, last weekend at the Wells Fargo Championship golf tournament you could buy a beer at a cart and actually walk around the course. However, there were some areas where the rules were different. There was a food/drink area that was surrounded by a fence. Any alcohol purchased in that area could not be taken out of the fence. It's confusing, but it all has to do with the licenses and the kinds of alcohol sold and how it was served (bottle or poured).

I think there are permit exceptions you can apply for in North Carolina for how far you can roam. Several years ago I was an event coordinator and we had to pay attention to all these details. We had to fence in the venue and provide a detailed map to the ABC. I'm not sure what SC rules are but I am sure both states have issues with crossing the state line.

Speaking of alcohol laws between the states, is everyone aware that you cannot by liquor at Harmony Hall on Sundays? only beer and wine. If HH were in NC, you wouldn't have that problem.
This is my favorite park promotion. So much respect for carowinds doing this. And thanks to anyone on this board or reading that has served our country !
Attachments
By Jay
kirkgun wrote: ...The answer is: discover and remember which drinking fountains have cold water (and the ones with not-so-cold water) around the park. It's not the best solution, but it's been working for us because neither of us really drink much soda anyway. We'd just use those bottles for water most all of the time anyway. And if we absolutely, completely, seriously, need a cool drink with flavor, go to Harmony Hall and get a beer (hasn't happened yet this year).

Most food and drink stands around the park will provide a free (tiny) cup of water if you ask for it. And you can ask for as many as you want! I'll typically get 2 or 3 and then get in line for something, or if I'm getting ready to eat a meal in the park get 5 or 6 :lol: . I haven't paid for a drink at [s]Carowinds[/s] a Cedar Fair park in years.
By jeffdavis
I think the drink bottle is a good deal, but an even better deal for guests would be a "drinking plan" associated with their season pass card. Getting the card scanned, for verification, and then getting a disposable paper cup at the discounted price would eliminate the problem of needing a locker for your drink bottle. Implementation would be very similar to the dining plan, but apply to soft drinks. It could be treated just like the dining plan with a daily limit and interval between free uses or unlimited uses at a price like the souvenier bottle.

Meanwhile, I always just stick with the water fountains and occasional cup of water on my visits.
By kirkgun
jeffdavis wrote:I think the drink bottle is a good deal, but an even better deal for guests would be a "drinking plan" associated with their season pass card. Getting the card scanned, for verification, and then getting a disposable paper cup at the discounted price would eliminate the problem of needing a locker for your drink bottle. Implementation would be very similar to the dining plan, but apply to soft drinks. It could be treated just like the dining plan with a daily limit and interval between free uses or unlimited uses at a price like the souvenier bottle.

Meanwhile, I always just stick with the water fountains and occasional cup of water on my visits.

I'd pay an additional fee to add to my meal plan for that. But, for now I will keep doing the way that you do it too. I wonder who thought that the shotglass-sized cup for water was the way to go? I pound a couple while filling it up the first time before heading to the cashier, that way I might only have to refill twice while eating an entree.
By Jarsh
Or they could do like the Koch's do and make all the drinks free, lol.
By Bigcoasterguy
I miss when they let you use your season pass 10% off with your refill, that way I would only have to give a one dollar bill and get three cents back. Now I have to give 2 dollars and get a ton of change. I hate change. :lol:
By Jetp
Does anyone know what happens to Carowinds trash? I am curious as to what happens to all the plastic bottles that get dumped in the trash. I hope they do not end up in a landfill somewhere.