General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
A big thanks to David Mandt at Carowinds for the following photos:

The fountain in the center of Zoom Zone has been torn down, and something is going in its place.

The mystery new-for-2005 ride is beginning to go up in the former Power Station location.

Looks like the entrance to Animation Station from Carolina RFD is getting a facelift.

More work being done in Animation Station, as most (possibly all) of the asphalt path has been torn out.

The foundation is ready for the Flying Eagles, which will be located in the former spot of the boat floats.

Also, on a special note, Scott Anderson is returning to the park as Public Relations Manager. Welcome back Scott!
By carowindsfreak13
New Update. Yeah. Looks like this is to be another good year.
By RollerBee
It looks like the Bi-planes, Carousel, and Balloons are staying. The sign appears to still be on Huck's. Could that be a sign that Nicktoons are staying. You can't see much with the rides in pieces. Why is the Carousel not taken apart?
By Trev32
RollerNut wrote: Why is the Carousel not taken apart?

*slaps rollernut*

Maybe because they aren't taking that one down??? lol.
By RollerBee
I know it ain't being removed, I ment for for rehab. Disneyland completely dismantles theirs once a year. Building and all.

*slaps Trev.* Sorry, just having fun.
By Jay
ImageImageImage

OMFG dude, take your whiny PKI self away from these boards.. it's over and done with they're not coming back. Build a bridge and get over it. Be happy that you're getting the Italian Job. Take yer bitching to someone who cares.

Vulc, nice pics, opening day can't come soon enough. Good to see Scott is back as well.
By RollerBee
You know, if you do any more crying, You may want to stop by and tell them you can fill the water splash for them. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

So who do I have to talk to, so I get photo updates from Carowinds?
By carowindsfreak13
Well, I say sneak in a take some pics.

JK. Don't do that.
By coasterbruh
RollerNut wrote: You know, if you do any more crying, You may want to stop by and tell them you can fill the water splash for them. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

So who do I have to talk to, so I get photo updates from Carowinds?

Oh just do these three simple things:

1) investing im a good pair of knee pads.....

2) oh yeah and mention your scooby doo christmas to them (and the fact that you are a college student).....

3) dont forget to mention that you are the chairman of the coaster preservation club, that'll sure win them over ;)

Just do those three things and your bound to be in the loop.

Oh yeah sometimes things are not as cool repeated twice...
By RollerBee
Well, I learned something today. Never try anything stupid, it will come back to you haunt you. Can we please knock off the CPC crap.
By carowindsfreak13
(Off topic) What happenened.
By Dukeis#1
The Coaster Preservation Club successfully saved the Carolina Sternwheeler from an uncertain and most horrible doom.
By coasterdave
PKIDelirium wrote: Damn you Carowinds! give us our eagles back!!!

Enjoy your brand new coaster instead and stop whining and moaning about those d*mn flyers. Maybe you and your buddy David can take the greyhound down to North Carolina and see what you think are 'your Flyers'.

They are not yours since you did not buy them. So maybe you should head on back to your site and moan and b*tch over on it since you are getting ZERO support here.

Have a wonderful day!
By Crystal
PKIDelirium wrote: Damn you Carowinds! give us our eagles back!!!

I'd much rather have the Italian Job than those Eagles. Poor you. No, really. :rolleyes: