General Carowinds discussion
Umm. Does he even pay attention?

He was asked if he didn't like anything about Fury.

The trims. I felt like every time it wanted to give me ejector airtime, it would hit a trim and deliver "nice" airtime. Rides like Mako do the same thing. You have this lead-in moment where you're going "holycrap holycrap holycrap!!!" anticipating what is about to come, then you hit the trim and go "awwww..."

Ummm. There's only one trim on Fury.
By cwgator
The trim on Mako isn't that bad either. If anything it helps give a nice extra pop of air as you go over that hill. The on on Fury also wasn't too terribly noticeable to me either. He just likes to complain about the most minute details.
It seems the green lights for fury aren't being maintained very well in the Tunnel around one of the octagons and around the exit of the station as the trains leave they don't seem to replace or fix the lights.
By fishels
I went! Fury 325 was as smooth as it could be.

Intense of course, but smooth. I'm very happy since I thought my time with the ride may be over. :clap:

I guess it really just is the way the body happens to feel that day or maybe certain seats are a bit rough.

Rode about 8 times and that drop never gets old.
By gabed
If we're going to be perfectly honest it really had no business being there last year anyways.
Dropped by the park for a few hours today to ride a few rides. The heat evidently brings out the speed in Fury. I'd venture a bet it might have clocked 96 today.

Anyway, let's revisit the vibration a bit. I felt it every ride. I also overheard people complaining about it amongst their groups. One guy said that the more you're stapled in, the less you feel it. (Not sure I agree with that assessment.) I also heard what sounded like a loose guide wheel or up-stop wheel on one of the trains. It was only on one and was on the right side near the front. You could hear it on the ride and also from the ground as it passed over you at the bridge/tunnel.

The last ride of my visit I was able to get my favorite seat... front row left. I can honestly say that I have had rides on Thunder Road that vibrated less. It was AWFUL. I was in train #3 if any park admins are listening. Something HAS to be done about it. Surely the engineers at B&M can figure it out. COME ON CAROWINDS!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!
Props to you for digging deep to get this conversation started again.

I have been secretly thinking that the ride was rattly enough that I can’t do a re-ride without a serious headache. I was withdrawing this observation in fear of being attacked for nit-picking. Some days are better than others, though.

But with all this heat I can’t help but find myself in Carolina Harbor if i’m at the park.