General Carowinds discussion
By tinotoot
I went last Sunday, and it was raining so the scarezones were empty, but the indoor mazes were severely lacking actors. They were still good..but I went through slaughterhouse twice and the second time they weren't ready. They were standing around talking and no one scared me..but yeah the mazes have less actors, especially after 10:30 when all the under 18s have to go home.
By cadi40
I went through Depths of Darkness Friday Night, The line was about an hour long and it wasn't worth the wait. It was very dark and nice technology but it was lacking scares. I would say it's a step in the right direction though.
By Stayseeliz
I've noticed a bunch of monsters standing around talking to each other this year, especially in the playground. They aren't even trying to scare anyone or engage people. It's disappointing.
By uscbandfan
I noticed the "Dolls" walking in pairs around the playground. It REALLY creeped my 15 year old daughter out. I'll have to admit, they were a bit creepy.

For what it's worth, I think the eyes on the skytower are a nice touch. Those get a bit creepy too if you stare up there too long.
By RollerBee
Stayseeliz wrote:I've noticed a bunch of monsters standing around talking to each other this year, especially in the playground. They aren't even trying to scare anyone or engage people. It's disappointing.

I noticed that a couple weeks ago.

While Dark Harvest and Depth of Darkness are improvements as are the scare zones being shuffled; the whole event is still not scary.

The event can barely scare a nine year old that doesn't watch horror movies or shows, it is still not scary enough.

The ride operator at Rock N Roller that night was more amusing than the SCarowinds part of the park, time for Carowinds to promote him to Team Leader!
By FamousAmos
It's better than SFOG Fright Fest. I went on Saturday and that was a complete let-down in my opinion. The best part of the day was getting to ride Goliath...
By uscbandfan
That would have been the best part of my day as well. (I don't get to SFoG very often.)

Luckily, we have Fury 325 to satisfy the craving. :D
By Edwardo
I’ve yet to do any SF’s Frightfest. I’m not about paying per maze.

I wanted to slide over to the park Saturday and try out Justice League, and my friend still needs his Superman credit, but we were too busy hanging out in Midtowne, and 2 of the 5 of us weren’t in a Six Flags mood so I guess I’ll go in December when I’m down there for the Janet concert.

Besides, the heated pool at the Marriott was hard to leave.
By FamousAmos
The park was relatively busy, there were roughly 32 thousand in the park that night (according to the front gate manager) :shock: which didn't surprise me. My friend was able to get a discount so instead of paying the $35 or whatever for the mazes it was like $20. But it still wasn't worth it.

The only maze that was decent (and mainly for the scenery only) was the one under Goliath. The one that actually looks like a haunted house. They renovated it this year and are going for a 3D effect with bio-luminescent paint. It has a rather nice length to the maze and seemed like it would never end. It was a very good idea, however, it was still too bright in there. I did get one jumpscare in there. But that was the only time someone got me the entire night. So props to that person. The issue that they have right now is short staffing/ not enough scare-actors. Maybe next season will go better for them.

EDIT
That Justice league was great. I really enjoyed every bit of it (considering it was my first one that is). And they have a single rider line which I took full advantage of.
By Edwardo
Yeah. No thanks. I always think about doing SFoG for Frightfest, even as just an excuse to go to Atlanta. Then I realize it’s pay per maze and skip it.

Next year I’m gonna finally try Dorny and perhaps KD and BGW.
By Stayseeliz
We just go to eat and wander around for a little bit. It's not scary at all this year which is disappointing. Hardly anyone in the mazes and all the characters are standing around talking to each other. I'd be ticked if I paid for this. We only go because we have passes.
By FamousAmos
Here is my SCarowinds video for this year. I spent 3 days filming it, and roughly 40 hours editing it. That's probably longer than it should have been, but I'm no pro at Premiere Pro lol. I did end up with roughly 3 hours and 45 minutes of B-Roll. So there was a lot of video to look through.

EDIT.
Before anyone asks, Yes, I was given permission to film inside the mazes.
By Justin
FamousAmos wrote:Here is my SCarowinds video for this year. I spent 3 days filming it, and roughly 40 hours editing it. That's probably longer than it should have been, but I'm no pro at Premiere Pro lol. I did end up with roughly 3 hours and 45 minutes of B-Roll. So there was a lot of video to look through.

EDIT.
Before anyone asks, Yes, I was given permission to film inside the mazes.

There was a Sunday I was there and I was going thru Zombie High and I was trying to figure what the heck you were doing in the corner with your camera. Lol now it makes sense. Btw those 3 days you were filming appeared to be the only 3 days Scarowinds actually operated like it was suppose to. Other than that, Scarowinds was a wash this year. Scharacters were fratenizing and staff just sucked and went slow. I know you worked hard, but the managers and leads this year don't deserve jobs next season. Good video btw. Your video gave me what Scarowinds couldn't this year, excitement and spirit.
By aoriole19
The sequence of shots from 6:08 to 6:15 look like they belong in a SAW movie. (I love those movies)

Amazing job with the video!!