General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
carolinaman wrote:^ Winter Warm Up is next Sat. Feb 10th. I will be going and am planning on trying to record the whole thing and take a lot of pictures. I promise the trip report will be better than last years....lol.

Please do but when you edit the video don’t be like Amos. Lol
By coasterbruh
gabed wrote:Random question but when is Winter Warm Up? I can’t wait to see photo updates from around the park!

You do know it's not at carowinds . . .
By gabed
Isn’t there a yearly winter event at Carowinds, though? I can’t remember the name.
By Chris
gabed wrote:Isn’t there a yearly winter event at Carowinds, though? I can’t remember the name.

Winter Warm-Up happens every year at a different park. It was last at Carowinds the year Fury opened.
By gabed
This is what I meant. Was this a one-off thing or is it an annual event for up coming additions?

https://youtu.be/NAy-IR7_wpI

A-z coasters wrote:WinterFest.

1D986BB5-3813-4A3A-BB94-85AC893BF99D.gif
1D986BB5-3813-4A3A-BB94-85AC893BF99D.gif (907.08 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
By carolinaman
gabed wrote:This is what I meant. Was this a one-off thing or is it an annual event for up coming additions?

https://youtu.be/NAy-IR7_wpI

A-z coasters wrote:WinterFest.

1D986BB5-3813-4A3A-BB94-85AC893BF99D.gif

I recorded that last year during a media day event. I was invited to attend last year, but I'm not sure if this is something they do every year or not.

On another note, Carowinds has put some pictures of Carousel Park on Twitter
Attachments
By aoriole19
carolinaman wrote:^ Winter Warm Up is next Sat. Feb 10th. I will be going and am planning on trying to record the whole thing and take a lot of pictures. I promise the trip report will be better than last years....lol.

Oh dang I'm gonna be in Atlanta (20 min away from SFOG) the same day, but I'll be playing ultimate frisbee. If it was on Friday I would've flown out a day earlier. Too bad.
By cwgator
This morning, NBC Charlotte (and other news outlets) were on a construction tour for Camp Snoopy. During the tour it was confirmed that Woodstock Gliders (Flyers) won't be back until 2019 as part of whatever they are doing by WWF. I know this will be quite upsetting to many knowing it's popularity.

It's around the 13 minute mark. The reporter calls it Flying Ace Aerial Chase, but, it's understood what she meant as this was the area it was in.
[youtube]https://www.facebook.com/NBCCharlotte/videos/1963187117056102/[/youtube]
By cadi40
I really think Cedar Fair is going to make Carowinds into a Regional if not Eastern attraction. Lately, they have been redoing the areas that need it and adding theme. Carowinds will be a good alternative for families who aren't quite looking to spend Universal or Disney World money but still looking for a fun and thrilling weekend getaway. Just give it a few more years...
By Cameron
Sad the flyers won't return until 2019 but I can't wait to see them in that new area.

I'm thinking the names Wildfire & Inferno could be seen in 2019 lol