General Carowinds discussion
By carolinaman
cwgator wrote:This morning, NBC Charlotte (and other news outlets) were on a construction tour for Camp Snoopy. During the tour it was confirmed that Woodstock Gliders (Flyers) won't be back until 2019 as part of whatever they are doing by WWF. I know this will be quite upsetting to many knowing it's popularity.

It's around the 13 minute mark. The reporter calls it Flying Ace Aerial Chase, but, it's understood what she meant as this was the area it was in.
[youtube]https://www.facebook.com/NBCCharlotte/videos/1963187117056102/[/youtube]

She also said that some of the game stalls have been torn down near where they put the Carousel. About the 51:20 mark
By RollerBee
carolinaman wrote:
cwgator wrote:This morning, NBC Charlotte (and other news outlets) were on a construction tour for Camp Snoopy. During the tour it was confirmed that Woodstock Gliders (Flyers) won't be back until 2019 as part of whatever they are doing by WWF. I know this will be quite upsetting to many knowing it's popularity.

It's around the 13 minute mark. The reporter calls it Flying Ace Aerial Chase, but, it's understood what she meant as this was the area it was in.
[youtube]https://www.facebook.com/NBCCharlotte/videos/1963187117056102/[/youtube]

She also said that some of the game stalls have been torn down near where they put the Carousel. About the 51:20 mark

Note that Steve said it will take them years to restore the Carousel back close to original condition. YEARS to fix what Paramount destroyed in one winter.
By uscbandfan
Not a fan of "Wildfire". To me that has a negative connotation (especially after watching the news from California this last year.) And please stay away from "Carolina <whatever>". That train has run it's course. I'm all for promoting the Carolinas and I get the fact that the park is "Caro"winds but naming everything with Carolina in the title is a bit numbing. Thankfully, they've renamed "Carolina Cobra" and "Carolina RFD". "Carolina Sternwheeler" and "Carolina Railroad" are no more.
Now, we have "Carolina Cyclone", "Carolina Goldrusher" (both in "Carolina Boardwalk") and "Carolina Skytower" and "Carolina Harbor"... that's plenty.

I'm all for "Palmetto Timbers" or something of the like for a new woodie.... especially since it would be located in South Carolina. That would be an AWESOME wooden coaster name.
By cwgator
I always felt the Nick theming on the carousel was gawdy and awful. I was horrified & sick to my stomach when I saw it in person the first time (mind you I didn't go to the park between 2002 & 2007). I'm glad it's being restored more to it's original-like state.
By RollerBee
uscbandfan wrote:The "Nick O-round" :lol: :lol:

I refused to say that name when I work at Carousel, the area manager threaten to write me up because I would only call it Carousel or Antique Carousel. With the bad quality of the speakers back then, my accent and the help of an understanding visitor I got out of the write up and was allowed to call it the Carousel. A visitor claimed to hear Nick-O sound like a slang word, this happened to everyone that worked Carousel during Winterfest with me. So we were no longer required to say Nick-O-Round.
By coasterbruh
So they thought you were offending blacks? Hahahahahaaaaaa
By RollerBee
coasterbruh wrote:So they thought you were offending blacks? Hahahahahaaaaaa

Some of visitors thought all of the Carousel ride ops were not just me, the area manager got tired of arguing with the visitors about it cause she got called every time someone complained at Guest Services. It happened to her one time, that was after she gave us all a lesson to pronoucing Nick-O-Round.

I only said that stupid name one time in my whole time working at Carousel, the area manager was there and heard me say Nick-O-Round but a guest heard Ni___r-Round, from that point on she never fussed at me for saying Carousel and never threaten to write me up again for saying Carousel.

We weren’t allowed to say Merry Christmas either, we were forced to say Happy Holidays.
By Capler
RollerBee wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:So they thought you were offending blacks? Hahahahahaaaaaa

Some of visitors thought all of the Carousel ride ops were not just me, the area manager got tired of arguing with the visitors about it cause she got called every time someone complained at Guest Services. It happened to her one time, that was after she gave us all a lesson to pronoucing Nick-O-Round.

I only said that stupid name one time in my whole time working at Carousel, the area manager was there and heard me say Nick-O-Round but a guest heard Ni___r-Round, from that point on she never fussed at me for saying Carousel and never threaten to write me up again for saying Carousel.

We weren’t allowed to say Merry Christmas either, we were forced to say Happy Holidays.

Oh my! If you say it out loud and say it fast, it does sound like that. :shock: Especially with little Bill's face painted on it. :wtf: