General Carowinds discussion
By RRRAPIDS
Edwardo wrote:Obviously if the park thought extra advertising was worth the return on investment they’d do it. They’re already advertising and their attendance is raising. Seems to me that they know what they’re doing better than people on Carowinds connection...

Of course they know what they are doing. You still missed the point. Nobody ever said attendance was dropping or a threat. I suggested something so simple/small that could help someone. By far, I'm totally not upset at your response. You are alright with me and you're right. In conclusion you will be surprised how many people that have moved here, and still don't know the park is here.. But yes, I get it. But you know what? There are levels to this discussion /topic way beyond , "Carowinds Connection." I will just end this here because everyone opinion is valid.
Last edited by RRRAPIDS on February 23rd, 2018, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By uscbandfan
For what it's worth, I'd love to see a cool sign on the interstate just to see it there. I think it would just look cool. Granted, the admin folks wont spend money if they're not going to get a return on the investment. It would still look cool. 8) 8) 8)
By RRRAPIDS
CCookieMonster wrote:Does anyone else think the ads they have during the summer are actually kind of fun to watch? Even though some of the footage is from KD and CP and KI and other CF parks?

It's interesting to watch. Especially if they show one of the inverted coasters.
By RRRAPIDS
uscbandfan wrote:For what it's worth, I'd love to see a cool sign on the interstate just to see it there. I think it would just look cool. Granted, the admin folks wont spend money if they're not going to get a return on the investment. It would still look cool. 8) 8) 8)

I agree.
By Edwardo
But my whole point is that they have to pay for that advertising. Why spend budgeted money on something that isn’t likely to have a meaningful impact, thus no return on investment, when they can use that budget on other things, and the attendance still grows without that particular cost.

It’s not an opinion so much as economics 101.
By FamousAmos
They could use that budgeted money on more things like lights :thumbup: :lol:

Fun Fact, I had asked about Electro Spin's lights on the seats. They are supposed to be fixed during this off season.
By RRRAPIDS
Everything will benefit in the long run while striving after perfection. Anyway, looking forward to opening day, especially the new lights and scenery.
By fonzlinney
RRRAPIDS wrote:Everything will benefit in the long run while striving after perfection. Anyway, looking forward to opening day, especially the new lights and scenery.

I am with you on that and I just can't wait. I miss going to the park it is my little getaway so excited to see the changes this coming season. I also in my personal opinion get the feeling 2019 will be a very big year for Carowinds.
By fonzlinney
RRRAPIDS wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Obviously if the park thought extra advertising was worth the return on investment they’d do it. They’re already advertising and their attendance is raising. Seems to me that they know what they’re doing better than people on Carowinds connection...

Of course they know what they are doing. You still missed the point. Nobody ever said attendance was dropping or a threat. I suggested something so simple/small that could help someone. By far, I'm totally not upset at your response. You are alright with me and you're right. In conclusion you will be surprised how many people that have moved here, and still don't know the park is here.. But yes, I get it. But you know what? There are levels to this discussion /topic way beyond , "Carowinds Connection." I will just end this here because everyone opinion is valid.

Thank you RRRAPIDS bravo!very well put.
By Edwardo
RRRAPIDS wrote:Everything will benefit in the long run while striving after perfection. Anyway, looking forward to opening day, especially the new lights and scenery.

That’s now how money or business work though. Wasting your budget on something that doesn’t bring a return on the money you spend every year means they can’t use that money to work on making the park better. That would be like Ford paying to put a billboard on my yard. I’m already a Ford owner. My neighbors already own fords. It’s money wasted that didn’t need to be spent.
By RRRAPIDS
As as matter of fact that is the point. You and your neighbors know personally you own Fords. So clearly there's no need for a sign to advertise that. Yeah that would be wasting money for your neighborhood and neighborhood only.
Last edited by RRRAPIDS on February 24th, 2018, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RRRAPIDS
fonzlinney wrote:
RRRAPIDS wrote:

Thank you RRRAPIDS bravo!very well put.

Thank you.
By Edwardo
RRRAPIDS wrote:As as matter of fact that is the point. You and your neighbors know personally you own Fords. So clearly there's no need for a sign to advertise that. Yeah that would be wasting money for your neighborhood and neighborhood only.

But the one neighbor who drives by in a Chevy isn’t going to stop and buy a ford, though, is he? So the money was wasted that could have been put towards other more pressing things.