General Carowinds discussion
By RRRAPIDS
Edwardo wrote:
RRRAPIDS wrote:As as matter of fact that is the point. You and your neighbors know personally you own Fords. So clearly there's no need for a sign to advertise that. Yeah that would be wasting money for your neighborhood and neighborhood only.

But the one neighbor who drives by in a Chevy isn’t going to stop and buy a ford, though, is he? So the money was wasted that could have been put towards other more pressing things.
That my friend is why the entire analogy is off. You can't compare car sales, to theme park tickets/ advertising. Lets just agree to disagree. I'm done responding. However I enjoyed the conversation, and you are fun to debate/chat with. No hard feelings.
By Edwardo
Its a discussion group. No need to tell me no hard feelings ;-). (Hint: it’s okay to disagree with people)
By cadi40
Here is an Example, Think of the Disney World sign when you enter their property. It doesn't do any advertising, Nor does it attract people. It's hidden and you would know you are going to Disney World before you see it. I wish Carowinds either updates their sign off of Mike Doty, Or they Make a new sign from the Interstate. Yes it won't do a lot Financially, But it will advertise it's self in the fact that people will say 'Hey, We always drive by that Carowinds sign on 77, Let's go check it out!!'.
By coasterbruh
The orlando parks HAVE to aggressively advertise in such an over saturated market . . . even on their own property. Orlando is solely known for tourism and as far as I know, tourism is what keeps the city alive.
By Edwardo
Here’s another example: Carowinds isn’t doing what people here are suggesting, yet their attendance is growing. So why again do you think they should spend money on advertising when they’re already raising attendance?
By FamousAmos
The only issue about adding more signs is this: North Carolina and South Carolina differ in their laws. I think that the main gate sign at Carowinds blvd is about as large as they are legally allowed to have it. It would be nice to have a new sign though with a better LCD screen and better back lighting.

As for the Interstate, I think it's the same issue. I'm not too sure on that one though. I would love to see more billboard advertising for the park. I remember someone official once saying during a tour that they wanted to place signs 1 mile in either direction from the park on the interstate. But that was three years ago.
By RRRAPIDS
FamousAmos wrote:The only issue about adding more signs is this: North Carolina and South Carolina differ in their laws. I think that the main gate sign at Carowinds blvd is about as large as they are legally allowed to have it. It would be nice to have a new sign though with a better LCD screen and better back lighting.

As for the Interstate, I think it's the same issue. I'm not too sure on that one though. I would love to see more billboard advertising for the park. I remember someone official once saying during a tour that they wanted to place signs 1 mile in either direction from the park on the interstate. But that was three years ago.
Exactly!!!!
By tarheel1231
Did anyone else notice Windseeker's height requirement has gone up? It's now 54". Smh.

[EDIT] It may or may not be a typo. It's still 52" at the other parks.
By sorashaun
FamousAmos wrote:The only issue about adding more signs is this: North Carolina and South Carolina differ in their laws. I think that the main gate sign at Carowinds blvd is about as large as they are legally allowed to have it. It would be nice to have a new sign though with a better LCD screen and better back lighting.

KI and KD both have tall interstate signs, and Carowinds is located in a much more populous area than both, so I doubt it has anything to do with that. At least on the NC side.