Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
^There is also word that the insurance company wasn't properly made aware of the hardware changes to the ride and were forced to take it off until an agreement was made. Then there's those who say it's being reworked for better reliability. All the hardware hasn't been removed from the trains. The boxes attached behind the seats are still there that the headset wiring runs to.

Who knows for sure until the park makes it's next move. I think SW realized they made a big mistake and took it off as soon as the busy holiday season was over. I hope it doesn't return.
Man, these Fantawild parks look amazing. I know their coasters get all the attention, but they have some seriously intriguing dark rides. https://m.facebook.com/fantawild/videos ... %5D=33.%7B"logging_data"%3A%7B"event_type"%3A"tapped_all_videos"%2C"impression_info"%3A"eyJmIjp7InBhZ2VfaWQiOiIxNjU5NzQyNDY0MjY2NzIzIiwiaXRlbV9jb3VudCI6IjMifX0"%2C"surface"%3A"mobile_page_home"%2C"interacted_story_type"%3A"434420560071501"%2C"session_id"%3A"a88f63bee561af2f2b14bbc3b2a4934c"%7D%7D
IS anyone else mad that Beyoncé and Jay Z aren't coming to Raleigh or Charlotte? Iḿ a huge member of the Beyhive in RDU, and I would much rather drive to Carter-Finley or the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte than have to go to DC, Atlanta, or Columbia, which was added to the tour just yesterday. Does anyone have a potential reason for why they just skipped NC especially us Raleigh fans who waited for over an hour in a thunderstorm and waited for her to come back on stage during her Formation World Tour two years ago? The ticket prices are high enough lol.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7356830/beyonce-formation-north-carolina-bad-weather
A lot of indie bands skipped over NC in 2017 which didn't make any sense to me since Charlotte and Raleigh are both huge markets for that kind of music. 2018 seems to have a lot of better NC concert dates than last year, yet it's still frustrating how many bands and artists skip over the Carolinas in favor of Atlanta.
Hell, Greensboro has the largest indoor arena in the southeast and 3rd largest in the United States (after The Palace at Auburn Hills and Rupp Arena). I think a lot of acts are leaving due to HB2. Yeah, I realize a part of it was repealed but it didn't fix everything and it left a bad taste with the industry.
Charlotte and Asheville are actually going to be some happening places for concerts this summer, at least for alternative/indie fans. Modest Mouse is actually going to be at the Fillmore next month, if tickets were a little cheaper I'd go.
By Axel
http://abcnews.go.com/US/schlitterbahn- ... d=53968559

about time... jail needed for the ex-opertions manager and huge monetary consequences needed for the company.

Jeff Henry let his ego exceed his concern for customer's safety. Maybe banks and others will force him out of the amusement industry.

10 key allegations in the Schlitterbahn indictment

http://www.kansascity.com/news/article206654264.html

edit 3/27/18: Co-owner Jeff Henry has now been arrested also and is being held without bail charged with one count of murder among other charges.

edit: 4/3/18 The designer, John Schooley, 72, was taken into custody at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport after he returned from China. He was indicted last week on charges of second-degree murder, aggravated battery and aggravated endangering of a child.

This is the World Waterpark Association's suggested scripted reply to bothersome media questions that may come up...

SHARE ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, DELICIOUS, DIGG, REDDIT
Ways to prepare for Waterpark Industry media coverage
BY NEWS RELEASE | MARCH 30, 2018

Courtesy of the World Waterpark Association — Many of you are likely aware of the charges that have been filed against Schlitterbahn and its current and former employees. Here is a link to Schlitterbahn’s latest statements. While the WWA is not involved in these legal proceedings, we know that this unprecedented situation is one our industry and membership organization has never encountered. The association has been responding to media inquiries when appropriate.

Due to the nature of this story, we foresee continued coverage by media throughout the summer season. We also believe that some reporters will want to focus on general waterpark safety and that members might be contacted by media.

In preparation for any calls or visits from local media, we recommend that you review your own general and waterslide safety information and identify an individual who will best be able to deal with media inquiries, both reactively and proactively, potentially as an on-the-record spokesperson.

Here are some talking points that you might find helpful in preparing for media calls:
* Safety is the #1 priority at our facility. We estimate more than [insert attendance figure] visit our waterpark each year and incidents that result in injury are extremely rare. We go to great lengths to ensure the safety of our guests.
* Safety is woven into all we do, as we continually refine safety standards through the ASTM International process. Annual state and local inspections, insurance operator inspections and daily inspections are all part of what we do to ensure a safe experience for our guests.
* Because enjoying a waterpark is an interactive, physical experience, adherence to safety guidelines and park rules is important.

Total scripted PR crap...
Last edited by Axel on April 3rd, 2018, 8:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
Very random but Charlotte have got to be one of the only cities in the USA where every other building has an LED color changing light package. It’s freaking awesome lol. The new Barings tower is just beautiful at night, especially when the scroll full quotations words down the side of of the building. I know that light package cost a pretty penny. It’s def in competition with Dukes tower.
CCookieMonster wrote:IS anyone else mad that Beyoncé and Jay Z aren't coming to Raleigh or Charlotte? Iḿ a huge member of the Beyhive in RDU, and I would much rather drive to Carter-Finley or the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte than have to go to DC, Atlanta, or Columbia, which was added to the tour just yesterday. Does anyone have a potential reason for why they just skipped NC especially us Raleigh fans who waited for over an hour in a thunderstorm and waited for her to come back on stage during her Formation World Tour two years ago? The ticket prices are high enough lol.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7356830/beyonce-formation-north-carolina-bad-weather

Blame your governor.

And I thank him cause now I only have to travel one mile to get to the beyonce bowl! And if you are really a huge member, you'd follow the hive to the nearest city . . . like the hive did when it was in Raleigh. Don't be a lazy B-ey.
pproteinc wrote:Very random but Charlotte have got to be one of the only cities in the USA where every other building has an LED color changing light package. It’s freaking awesome lol. The new Barings tower is just beautiful at night, especially when the scroll full quotations words down the side of of the building. I know that light package cost a pretty penny. It’s def in competition with Dukes tower.

I've always loved the lights on Duke and The Vue, didn't know there were more! :D I'll have to be on the lookout for that next time I'm Uptown at night.

EDIT: I've also got to give it up for Charlotte officials. Visiting so many cities as part of my coaster adventures has really opened my eyes as to just how clean and nice of a city Charlotte is. It's really a beautiful city with so many little parks and small things to see. Romare Bearden Park (right behind the ballpark) is easily my favorite place in the city, I love that little park!