General Carowinds discussion
By Chris
RollerBee wrote:
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:I have yet to see announcement from Carowinds that Flyers will reopen in 2018, the last offical word they gave to my knowledge was 2019.

FamousAmos wrote:I thought I heard 2019 as well at one point.

I guess you two somehow missed that link I posted?

This link, https://m.facebook.com/ridesmuseum/post ... 2031017317 ?

That isn’t from Carowinds, they are making an assumption.

You can't be that stupid?
viewtopic.php?p=98395#p98395
By RollerBee
I am at Carowinds now, I seen Steve Jackson and asked him about Flyers.
Attachments
By Chris
coasterbruh wrote:Nothing to see here folks. . .

What are you talking about? This is HUGE! He can't confirm it. He can't deny it! Read between the lines!!!!!!!!!11111one
By Christopher Mallis
It is confirmed that flying eagles will be the name of a ride (99.9 % sure it’s for the flyers) it’s on carowinds guest assistance pdf but it does not list when it will open. Also I believe the wood markings with pink flags are for concrete structures where thunder road used to stand so something could Ben going on over there
Attachments
By arby
Here are some different angles of the new work going on.

You can see a lot of holes have been drilled.

The flyers are not under Fury's lift hill

By Christopher Mallis
RollerBee wrote:Jets and maybe boats are under Fury, or atleast parts of them.

why would jets and boats be under fury? unless i'm missing something. However more and more parts have been showing up under fury so there is something going on down there. gonna have to go on the skytower to get a better view of all of this.
By Firechaser
Christopher Mallis wrote:
RollerBee wrote:Jets and maybe boats are under Fury, or atleast parts of them.

why would jets and boats be under fury? unless i'm missing something. However more and more parts have been showing up under fury so there is something going on down there. gonna have to go on the skytower to get a better view of all of this.

It sounds like the parts of the rides removed from Planet Snoopy.
By coasterbruh
Could a new coaster use the old TR station area and make a right to the WWF area?
By arby
They have been using the area around Fury's first drop as an apparent staging area for stuff coming in and out.

Based on the pictures, Jarvis, it does seem to indicate that some type of station will be going in the old TR station/brake area.
By coasterbruh
Yeah, I didn't wanna say it was obvious but it looks pretty obvious to me lol. I doubted they could pull off a prowler/mystic timbers style GCI but it looks like they can! Can even do the drop to the left and wrap around the lift and head towards the WWF site.
By RollerBee
The best view of Jets and Boats parts are from Fury not Skytower.

coasterbruh wrote:Could a new coaster use the old TR station area and make a right to the WWF area?

No, that is simply not possible; no roller coaster could ever go where TR’s station was. That is holy land. :sarcasm:

Is Whitewater a natural low spot or was it dig out after Jalopies we’re removed for Whitewater?
By gabed
Dang, if they could actually make an out and back style GCI like MT and Prowler work in that area, they could save a lot of space for future additions. :thumbup: